PTG Journal on-line?

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 21:13:50 -0600 (CST)

HI all!

RE: putting the PTG Journal on-line. Does this mean we (and everyone
else) can access it free of charge?

Having it on CD might make searches easier.  I get tired of the
problems I have in looking something up via the printed indexes.

Recently, I purchased the 4 volumes of Journal article reprints
from the home office.  A lot of the info I usually search for is
included in those as well as many articles from issues before my time
and/or not covered by the indexes (?).

RE: "letting" (?) non-PTG tuners, techs, etc, in on this list.
I never have looked at the list of subscribers to see if all are PTG
members, RPT or otherwise.  I would assume not all are and, as valuable
as the list is (to me, at least), I think its only a matter of time
before word of it becomes fairly widespread outside the PTG community.
I'm not sure whether that is good, bad, or of no consequence but,
as the question *was* raised, how would you keep "'em" off if you
*wanted* to???  Perhaps some sort of 'subscription request filter'
could be impelmented to limit postings to the list but (I may be
wrong here) I think anyone with GOPHER access can download the
digests at will.  Interesting from a technical aspect, the ethical
considerations notwithstanding...(hmmm).

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu