Jr. Science Project

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 13:48:36 -0700

>The NH Chapter's dream has come true. You may remember discussion of
>exploration to inner workings of deep and fast repetition using high-speed
>videography. The NH Chapter will get to film an afternoon's worth of the
>out in advance. We'll use a grand action model with the vertical panel
>replaced to hold actual piano wire. We'll use three kinds of wire, in

Any chance of using a couple of different action models for a couple of the
shots as well... say a Renner, Schwander and Steinway to see if the physical
design of the parts and their construction makes any difference?

What about different hammers? The effect of a grooved hammer as opposed to a
clean one might be interesting, especially if you can get the string
vibration in as well. The same would apply to a worn-out hammer as opposed
to a new one.

Perhaps a demonstration of how loose hammer flange pinning or a loose flange
affects the hammer shank and other parts?

Of course, all these experiments are limited by the time you have...
Whatever happens I will be fascinated to see the results! Perhaps some of
them could be converted to QuickTime movies we could download?  Would the
finished tape be made available for purchase by other chapters or individuals?

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com       john.musselwhite@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca