de-oderizing a piano

Bill Spurlock, RPT 74077.3053@compuserve.com
Sun, 05 Mar 1995 19:35:09 -0500 (EST)

Chris:

Houshold bleach will kill the urine smell instantly. It can just be brushed or
wiped onto wood surfaces, wiped once with a dry cloth, and left to dry.  If you
get any on metal surfaces, be sure to clean it all off and follow up with metal
polish or Protek to prevent corrosion. Check out page 8 of the 12-94 Journal for
an item on the possible dangers of Hanta virus and mouse leavings also.

Another option for bad smells is to take the piano to a place that does clean-up
after house fires. These places have ozone chambers (or can tent large items).
The ozone neutralizes smoke and many other odors. I haven't had the chance to
try this yet, but it is a standard treatment for removing smoke odors from
furniture, etc. Look in the Yellow pages under carpet cleaners, and look for one
that advertises water and fire damage repair and odor removal.

P.S. to all: Does this message have line-wraps in the wrong places, or are the
lines too long to fit onto your screens? One subscriber mentioned that my
messages have too many characters per line to fit his screen, so I'm
experimenting to see if I can force wrapping after about 70 characters.

Bill Spurlock