Bass string storage,shops, saying HI and stuff. -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Thu, 02 Mar 1995 08:39:16 -0700

>>> <Wippen@aol.com> 03/02/95 08:06am >>>
One way that I use to store and transport bass strings,either
replacement sets or sets of universals is to use a length of
plastic pipe(PVC) of the appropriate length with a cap glued on
one end and a removeable (screw-on) cap on the other.
Keeps everything clean and dry and untangled, it's easy to carry
in my vehicle and it stands up on its end out of the way in the
shop. I keep several,and when a shipment of strings arrives from
the stringmaker I immediately take them out of the box and slip
them into a pipe. The pipes are easily labeled etc.My shop at the
University is tiny,with practically no equipment. I supply *every*
tool that I use,large or small. I bring it in every day and take it
home every day. Happily, I have a 1,440 sq.ft. shop at my home
which is not to far from the University. I generally, will take most
projects-action rebuilds,key bushings jobs, etc. home and do
them there.
My name is Paul Dempsey and I have been at Marshall University
in
Huntington,WV for over 25 years. I have been very out of touch
with the PTG
 for a long time,although I was a Craftsman member in 1968. I
plan to rectify that situation and re-join in the very near future. I
am very excited and pleased  about this computer E-Mail forum
and look forward to much interesting contact and dialog with all of
you. I'm glad to be back!!!

Paul E. Dempsey,Jr.
Marshall University
Huntington,WV.
304-696-5418 wippen@aol.com.

Paul,
Glad to have you!  And thanks for the tip.

vince mrykalo rpt