horowitz piano

Benjamin Treuhaft blt@igc.apc.org
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 23:42:56 -0700

In the '70s I used to tune the thing in his house.  It was only special
because Franz Mohr regulated the (german) action beyond recognition
even though at that time Horriblewitz wasn't concertizing.  We kept
three for him - one at his house, one in a special cold room in the
Concert Basement, and another one I forget where.  He was a wonderful
old fart and I only did it twice.  The first time I was anxious to get
to my next job but he played a bunch of Chopin etudes.  It was pretty
good.
Ben Treuhaft
Havapiano (Senda Piana to Havana)