humidity

Allen Leigh a-leigh@risky.wcslc.edu
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 00:48:32 -0600

Paul Dempsey just commented about high humidity in his area, and his
comment reminded me of a question to ask.

What do you tuners do about tuning in summer months, knowing that the piano
will probably go out of tune during the fall?  Do you warn your customers
about the change in the fall?  Do you postpone summer tunings and pick them
up in the fall?  I'm thinking about people who have their piano tuned only
once a year, and I'm concerned about doing summer tunings, knowing that the
fall change in humidity will change the tuning.

a related question: How much are stable tunings affected by humidity changes?

Any and all responses will be appreciated!

/allen
a-leigh@risky.wcslc.edu