[CAUT] Appropriate Piano for Small Recital Hall

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 25 10:47:31 MDT 2010

Hi Jim,
               I'm with you and Don on this one,  Don's point about touch
and control of a 9ft cannot be emphasized enough.  There is a dramatic
difference in key length from a 7ft piano.
So do we deny our students the chance of performing on a full sized
instrument? Giving them the experience of a full range of tone colour, and
how to be sensitive and control the Beasty.
Voicing to a room or a client is what we do, I don't see where the problem
would be.  I have several clients with concert grands in their homes, no
big deal for me or them. Just don't let the instrument get too 'brassy'.

Regards Roger