[CAUT] Appropriate Piano for Small Recital Hall

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Wed Mar 24 10:31:08 MDT 2010

Paul,

Years ago we had a D in a similar size room that is also dry. It was
too big at times but much depended on what was being played. Of course
I kept the voicing down to some degree but due to the dryness of the
room I had to be careful and not take it down too much. We were able
to replace the D with a C and that proved to be better for the room.

All that said, I would give consideration in bringing the D in and
give it a try considering your circumstances.

Regards,
Don

Donald McKechnie
Piano Technician