[CAUT] Hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Jun 25 09:12:30 MDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 8:47 PM, David Love wrote:

>  It’s just that the
> belly is so responsive that all it needs is that soft hammer to
> drive it and
> develop the full range of partials.

	I played the Walter grand Del designed at a convention a couple years
ago, and found it very badly needed voicing down (and I like a bright
piano). I asked, and was told it had Ronsen Bacon hammers. Surprised
the heck out of me. Definitely a different animal. I'll be curious to
see what the Weber he designed is like (there will be one at Vegas I
am told).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu