[CAUT] Damper guide rail holes

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:54:25 MDT 2010

I thought I said that.Ooops! Geometry goof!  Anyway  Pi are not square, pi
are round! Cornbread r square! lol :>)

Sorry...it's been a long day,

Paul

From:
"McCoy, Alan" <amccoy at ewu.edu>
To:
CAUTlist <caut at ptg.org>
Date:
06/23/2010 03:49 PM
Re: [CAUT] Damper guide rail holes

Circumference is pi x d (or 2 pi r).

pi r squared is area.

;-)

Alan McCoy

From: Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:51:36 -0700
To: CAUTlist <caut at ptg.org>
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Damper guide rail holes

Jeff,

Ken Sloane at Oberlin at the Steinway seminar had us make a new guide rail
from scratch two years ago.  My project was also a B. We used a #15 drill
bit for the main hole, then also put a counter sink hole on both sides for
the felt to open up on both sides.  We used no glue to install, just pull
them through and trim up to look good. Then just used the pi-r-square to
figure the radius for cutting the right felt width. I think 5/8" was about
right.  I think all the Steinway guides have the same damper wire widths.

Hope this helps

Paul