[CAUT] steinway agraffs

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 11:57:16 MDT 2010

Sometimes the drilled hole/extractor method isn't necessary.  Nor is
it foolproof.  I've seen poorly drilled holes that required an
insert.  I've also heard of extractors breaking off!

Grind a "V" into the tip of a screwdriver so it looks like a
fishtail.  You now have two points which can be driven into the softer
brass (not too aggressively).  If twisting it out with the modified
screwdriver doesn't work, you can scrape a shallow slot into the brass
that will accommodate a conventional screwdriver.

Carl D. Root, RPT