[CAUT] Pedal noise on DC3

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Jun 8 10:04:56 MDT 2010

Hello-

Has anyone had an intermittent noise/squeak originate from the electronic
movement on the sustain pedal of a DC3 Yamaha? We have a mysterious and
ongoing noise complaint from one such pedal that I have never personally
been able to confirm for about a year, but yet the complaints continue.
???  I have eliminated everything from the normal acoustic operation, so
what next?  I was about to suggest it could the shoes, but didn't dare.  I
do seem to feel some resistance in that cylinder but can't confirm if that's
the cause and wouldn't know what to do if it was. ...   This unit dates from
maybe 6-7 years ago.  It's not the latest model with one simple adjustment
screw in the center under the cover plate.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson