[CAUT] Fire Extinguisher Damage

James Schmitt pianotenor at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 09:18:30 MDT 2010

One of the things I have learned in regard to base strings is that it does not take much smoke, dirt, powder, smog, etc. to kill the tone in a string.  I also have learned that there are always acceptations to the rule.  If this damage is being covered by Insurance let them make the call as to timing on string
replacement.  For all we know there MAY !!!!  not be a problem but again...  If you can give your self some time here you might be able to save the school some money that could be used to service pianos better.
James Schmitt
Marylhurst University