[CAUT] Fire Extinguisher Damage

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 7 07:52:48 MDT 2010

Just got a call from the university I have the contract with, someone used a fire extinguisher on 4 grands and an upright.
They have been cleaned out already, but I am going to check them on Wednesday.
I believe that I read on the list, that the strings should be replaced, due to the corrosive effect of the powder.
Would someone please confirm, whether there is corrosive damage, that will show up, even although not apparent now?
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia