[CAUT] Workload; was Position announcement

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jul 26 14:51:58 MDT 2010

<<<<I know, I know -- requiring recertification or continuing ed or mandatory dating of RPT would be a horrendous political mess. But think about it -- does our present system serve the public the way that we say it does? Or does it serve our egos?>>>>

(Ouch!)

Hi Dorrie,

I just wrote a few lines to Doug on the why I think this (more testing) doesn't happen, but I agree that it is needed. All we need is the vehicle to do this, and maybe a rich uncle. <G> You and I have talked about this before and we are on the same page, but IMO it ain't gonna happen... Why??  1. $$$$$$$$ 2. Time 3. Who's going to make those old fogies re-test??? <G>

What are some of the economics involved with such testing in Nursing? Costs and such?

Warm regards,
Jim Busby