[CAUT] Workload; was Position announcement

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 12:29:20 MDT 2010

So if I were hiring for a university, I would not use the RPT as a sorting
riterion. And, given the ambiguity of its meaning, I would probably use the
resence of the RPT as an indication that the candidate was involved in his
rofessional association (works and plays well with others) rather than a clear
ndication of technical skill level.

Dorie

With all due respect to your earned degrees, I disagree with your assessment. Being a member of the PTG is an indication that the candidate is involved with a professional organization. But being an RPT does require knowing a certain set of technical skills.

Wim