[CAUT] Baldwin R (modified)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jul 14 14:42:34 MDT 2010

I've seen some Kawai's that do this also.  but the slot is too big on some
of the flanges, so they wander off as well...Nice idea though...if they're
set in the right place.
Paul

From:
James Patrick Draine <draine at me.com>
To:
caut at ptg.org
Date:
07/14/2010 03:39 PM
Re: [CAUT] Baldwin R (modified)

On the other hand this brings to mind some older Bechsteins (I think, my
head is a bit fuzzy from surgery this morning) that had a slot in the end
of the flange, and a pin securing its position (vertical, like those
nails). A slight tap suffices to space the flange if the factory setting
isn't perfect.
Patrick Draine
On Jul 14, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Porritt, David wrote:

> I brought this action home to work on and discovered a modification I'd
not seen before.  I have been frustrated with flanges that don't stay
where I put them before but not to this extent!  All 88 flanges were
nailed to the rail!