[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 11 16:20:32 MST 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Foote
  I have never in my life seen a string break at the bridge pin.

I've seen where it happened once. A Baldwin R bass string, seems like G#24 or A25, somewhere around there. Broke at both ends during a hymn, the string flung out of the piano in the choir loft, across the church barely missing the pastor, and landed near the opposite wall.  I figure what happened was it broke first at the agraffe and then at the bridge pin as the wire doubled back over itself. But I can't say for sure.
Jeff