[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 17:33:16 MST 2010

Greetings,
I wrote:

have never in my life seen a string break at the bridge pin.

Kent replies:

You haven't been to my practice room floor. Happens regularly there, mostly Yamaha G1.

 At Vanderbilt, we installed 10 Yamaha G2 and G3 pianos in 2000.  In the last 9 years I have replaced  71 broken strings (plain wire).
Every single one of them broke at the capo bar or agraffe.  Is there something particular about the G1?  I take care of a GH1 in a nightclub, where it is pounded 6 nights a week, (and caressed one night a week by a Steinway jazz artist).  I have lost track of how many strings have broken, and every one of them was at the capo.
            Haven't a clue why the difference in our experience.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT