[CAUT] Digital cameras was RE: Slipping Beckets pictures

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 08:34:53 MST 2010

The image stabilizer feature might make a tripod unnecessary for some people...but not all (as I meekly raise my hand). Besides helping me get an in-focus picture, I like using a tripod because it allows me to carefully set up the picture's composition.   Sometimes I need my hands for/in a picture, so I use the camera on a tripod and set the timer.

There are some smaller tripods (about 12") with amazingly expandable legs which aren't too big for lugging around, and then there are these very small, versatile tripods which are very convenient for the uneven terrain of a piano:

http://joby.com/gorillapod/original/features

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois