[CAUT] Hailun & Suzuki vs. Yamaha

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Sat Aug 28 21:48:17 MDT 2010

There does need to be some expertise to determine if models are
comparable.  The bid request for a school here in Laredo was quite
specific as to level of quality desired and a "dealer" from Dallas
sold a very poor likeness of a piano to them (underbid everyone else)
and insisted it was the same quality.  No-one in purchasing wanted to
be educated or bothered to check his claim.

The relationship between purchasing and the teachers to the bid
specifications can get rather stoney, to say the least.  Requiring
that pianos are auditioned is one way to get some balance back into
the process.

Andrew Anderson