[CAUT] Brentwood ... ?

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 28 19:05:03 MDT 2010

I've replied off list, but here's my on-list reply:

Brentwood was made by Westbrook, NOT Pearl River. Westbrook, which was last
headquartered here in Columbia, SC, originally made low end pianos here in
the US, probably comparable to US Kohler & Campbell (spinet). When Kimball
halted piano operations, Mr. Westbrook purchased Kimball's piano making
equipment and moved it to a factory in China, where he made Westbrook,
Brentwood, and maybe others. Mr. Westbrook's local piano outlet closed here
5 or so years ago after either he or his wife passed away. I've heard one or
the other and never heard confirmation of which. So, I assume no longer in
production. Look in the atlas under Westbrook. Serial numbers not published
in earlier editions. I don't have the current one yet.

Not a very good piano. Compare to Belarus. Sorry. Get something else.
Anything else.
Regards,
Jeff Tanner