[CAUT] Boston changed to dealers techs mfgrs and other such

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Thu Nov 19 05:34:44 MST 2009

Pls forgive the changed topic title as it appears the original to run astray a bit. Perhaps this change of thread may provide a better forum.
Condensation of subject:

My analysis for what its worth:

Manufacturers have overhead and expenses and shareholders who will not keep their investment dollars in company stock unless they are profitable.
Dilemma: How does a mfgr balance these concerns while competing in a global arena
Dealers  have overhead, expenses and competition from other dealers who also have overhead, expenses and competition. Dealers look at technical and service as expense. Yes, this may seem wrong (to technical folk)but that is what it is, period.
Technicians have overhead and expenses BUT in many cases both of these are based on sole prop circumstances which are limited to the technicians own individual needs rather than other entities that affect bottom line of mfgrs and dealers  eg: labor force, technical expenses, shareholders etc.

Manufacturers and dealers have to be a profit driven organization in order to remain a viable business.
Technicians seldom base their business on a proven business (profit) model. RHis puts them (us) at a continual challenging stand with both manufacturers and dealers.

All ruffling of feathers aside,I look forward to the anticipated barrage of comments and flaming experience.

Yes, this is a complex topic. Like a board meeting  =)
Gerry C