[CAUT] Boston changed to dealers techs mfgrs and other such

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 19 06:33:50 MST 2009

It seems that the rational "laws" of economics apply almost perfectly to pretzel and hot dog vendors in downtown Philadelphia. Thousands of repeat customers every weekday, hundreds of vendors, and a tradition that specifies exactly what a Philadelphia pretzel or hot dog shall be. Prices are remarkably rational and no one barters or makes sales pitches. Vendors are friendly, polite and efficient.

The piano business is very different. We need to avoid situations where we take the hit so the dealer can make the sale, or soon we will be out of business.

ES