[CAUT] sf chronicle article

Christopher Purdy purdy at ohio.edu
Sun Jun 28 21:59:25 MDT 2009

That's so funny.  I drive a Scion XB but I had no idea that it was the
go to car for tuners.  It has a surprising amount of room to haul
stuff.  Yes, a grand action fits very well.  It also gets very good
milage, is comfortable to drive, and was inexpensive to buy.

It just looks stupid...

Chris

On Jun 28, 2009, at 8:57 PM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> List,
>
> I'm in the market for a new vehicle.   My daughter is 21 and I'm
> giving her the Toyota Corolla...which, as you can imagine, wasn't
> the greatest tuner vehicle.  Anyway, I'm reading the Cars section in
> the Sunday Chronicle (San Francisco) and I'm reading a "Motor
> Matters" article about boxy vehicles like Nissan Cube, Scion &
> Kia.   At the end of the article I read:
>
> "...these differences aside, while driving these small cars I took
> notice that the art and design crowd embraces the Cube, the Tuner
> crowd gravitates to the Scion...etc."
>
> Well, I was amazed and a bit perplexed...really?   Do we Tuners have
> a thing for the Scion?
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044

Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.