[CAUT] sf chronicle article

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Sun Jun 28 19:46:09 MDT 2009

I've had great experience with VW. GOlf and Jetta Wagon. 2.0 engine w manual trans. Both have plenty of room for actions though the golf was cramped with a D.  Golf had 295000 before I sold it for the Jetta Wagon. Far as I know the Golf is still running. THe Jetta was 2 yrs old with 35k. Now has 73k still running wel. Just put timing belt (standard precaution for any VW belt @ 75-85kmi) aldo did the tensioners. FIgure I'll keep it till th ewheels fall off or 300k whichever comes first. THe 2.0 engine is well tested by VW thogh underpowered for some. Gets in the 30 mpg range +/-.