[CAUT] Caut Certification (was Re: Steinway or Forgery? now CAUT Certification

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Jun 18 09:21:06 MDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 7:52 PM, A440A at aol.com wrote:

>      I will have to be convinced that 12 days of training, ($4,800
> worth
> of time) can be recovered by having the "diploma".   And who is
> going to
> determine the qualifications for those that will be teaching these
> training
> sessions?

	I don't think any of us is under the impression that we have come up
with an ideal solution. What we hope we have come up with is something
that can be made palatable to PTG (pass council), and that will move
us in the right direction (toward a higher degree of professionalism
throughout academia among other things). Qualifications of instructors
would be vetted by both the caut committee and the board under the
proposal.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico