[CAUT] Caut Certification (was Re: Steinway or Forgery? now CAUT Certification

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Thu Jun 18 13:48:34 MDT 2009

Agree with Jim and Eric,

More critical is that the populus is also in need of education. Every opportunity to promote is helpful from every angle at every time.

RPT means something, getting the acceptance of the term to the masses is the achilles heel. It will be the same with CAUT certification. Time and more time will be necessary to gain acceptance.

The term "RPT" has many meanings unfortunately to common folk the least known is Registered Piano Technician. I was told not to use the term on my Univ Biz cards as it has the meaning "Regular Part Time" and I'm a "Full Time" staff.  So much work to do for all in the relations department.
IMHO every tech has the duty to promote the craft and having another certification may be another tool to bring the craft to a higher level of knowledge.

Perhaps additional discussion in Mich.

Back to the trenches.

Gerry C

As a PS to the thread of No Tools. How about techs willing equipment to the school.

Something I'm contemplating as my aging continues.