[CAUT] Position Available

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Jun 16 04:50:42 MDT 2009

Paul:

I have been there a couple of times.  I put some new hammers on a D they had in their recital hall as the technician they were using half-time at that time was visually impaired.  He was an excellent tuner but has since retired.  After he retired they tried to get someone ¾ time, and some other part-time arrangements but I suspect that they had a hard time getting someone to move there for a part time job.  Nacogdoches is a nice town, and I have a nephew who graduated from SFA which is a good school.  From my observation, now that they have made it an actual full-time position I'd think it would be a good gig.  You could pick up extra income from the area as there are not a lot of techs around there.  Dr. Parr is a nice man and a good musician.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu