[CAUT] String Coupling / SB and Bridge stiffness...and maybePure Sound

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 11 10:36:47 MDT 2009

Hi Joe

    Hi, Consider also that strings of a unison are already coupled by
    the bridge pins agraffe etc.

I dont think its the bridge pins that couple the strings, its the bridge
itself that allows this interaction. In this context the pins just
convey the strings energy to the bridge which is the connecting factor.
The front termination will of course also allow for some coupling to
take place since neither these can be infinitely stiff. Which is why in
my original post my <<hypothetically infinitely stiff supports>>
included both front and rear terminations.

RicB