[CAUT] 1912 B: speaking lengths anyone?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Wed Feb 25 18:28:14 PST 2009

Due to shifting priorities and budgets, I ended up shoving a 1912 B into the
corner for a month or two, after just nicely installing a new board and
planing bridges to final height.

That several month delay somehow turned into several years, and now I find
that four winters of single-digit shop humidity has taken a toll. Though
there's still enough crown to work with (sniff), the down-bearing isn't
worth the bother, so rather than whine about it, I'm just going to plane the
cap off and start again.

(Yes Mrs. Smith, you really need to keep that humidifier going, even if you
aren't playing your piano)

So, to preclude any further humbling, it seems like a good time to stop and
double-check my speaking lengths. If anyone has a spreadsheet of plain-wire
speaking lengths (millimeters, sil vous plais) they wouldn't mind sharing, I
would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark Cramer, RPT

Brandon University