[CAUT] professor tuning variables

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 06:12:47 PST 2009

Ron writes:
<< If not for ETDs, it wouldn't be an option today. How about a
show of hands for those offering a plethora of alternative
temperaments tuned aurally. >>

      Um,  I only got one that I can comfortably do aurally, but what's the
point?  Historically, technology has virtually always driven the changes in
intonation. New tech, new musical results.  Why should now be any different?
     I did follow Jorgensen's aural instructions for a number of the
well-temperaments, and it ain't rocket science.  I did it to see how close the theory
was to the numbers from within a machine.  I couldn't tell an appreciable
difference between the two approaches, so of course, I take the easiest one.  It
allows control of stretch without consecutive rising rates, and it removes
several difficulties, such as minor pitch corrections while tuning.

Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)</HTML>