[CAUT] Schubert Temperament

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Mon Feb 16 08:17:19 PST 2009

Now, those of you on the CAUT list remember this recent (long-winded) discussion someone wanting to
temper a piano for Schubert????.....I don't keep track of who originated this question....but...

Well, on the http://www.grandobsession.com website....under News and Events....I read:

"Tom put the "Schubert Concert Tuning" on a new Steinway model A so that the audience could experience the sound Perri described in GRAND OBSESSION."

I don't want to get into another historical tuning discussion....but....maybe you could contact this guy who tuned the piano!

Well, enough about this....don't want to be too "obsessive"....! I only came across this by accident from
a post on a different list asking about Grotrian's.

Now that I've found a source for a Schubert temperament, we can all rest easy,right?

Cheers....
Richard....