[CAUT] Plate locator holes

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Feb 17 10:18:16 PST 2009

Yep, I always have drilled them after removing strings and before removing
plate screws. But I have to admit that except for string height, I have
never yet been able to get the plate in the exact same position before and
after. Depending on the nature of the job, I have never felt a mm or so was
all that critical. If it's getting a new board with a new bridge with a new
string scale that calls for a new bridge location, or whether the height of
the strings was correct to begin with or whether you need to change some
other aspect. Each job is so different that only sometimes are these locator
holes critical.

FWIW.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT