[CAUT] Upright key weighting

Richard Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Fri Feb 13 08:48:57 PST 2009

Grin.... not being privy to the particulars of the instrument in
question (we dont see Gibson pianos over here)... I bow to the extensive
experience of my American colleagues in this case.  My comments were
meant to apply to something resembling a real piano to be sure. If its
such a beast, Todd might be better off advising the customer to invest
in a real piano... or at least something close to it.

Cheers
RicB

    Hear hear! Just what I was thinking. Todd, if the customer is
    feeling the
    limitations of this piano, they probably need to upgrade. If you want to
    perform on quality instruments, there comes a point where you need to
    practice on a quality intrument. Ric, I think you might be lucky to
    even be
    able to measure downweight, upweight etc reliably on such an
    instrument! You
    think?

    Scott Jackson