[CAUT] Alternative bridge pin treatment

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:04:24 PST 2009

Now what the h**l got you to  try that? ¨<GRIN> You just ran out of CA glue and decided to use your voicing juice of choice? <more grinning>.I find this mostly interesting and will try it on my next false beats. I would mean that I would be using a product that won't make my eyes tear when I use it.Mucho thanks for this tip Ric, I'll sure give it a try.Marcel Carey, Sherbrooke, QC> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:05:01 +0100> From: ricb at pianostemmer.no> To: caut at ptg.org> Subject: [CAUT] Alternative bridge pin treatment> > Hi folks.> > Just thought I'd share that I've had very much success these past months > using Cellulose lacquer thinned to about 10 to 1 instead of CA glue on > bridge pins for all kinds of falseness. Improves both classic false > beats and wavering non periodic beating along with quite a bit of > various string noises.  Sinks in real quick, is very easy to apply and > clean up and gives immediate results.  Careful application to front > duplex areas also is useful.  On a couple occasions I've more or less > managed to shall we say <<tune>> the entire front duplex. That is to say > tune in the sense that one can get all strings to yield the same amount > and basic colour sound contribution to the overall sound result.  Seems > to dampen very high frequency buzz and zing sounds without really doing > much else. I just let a drop run down the front length til it hits the > capo. The effect in both cases has a lasting effect, tho the front > duplex length sometimes needs a touch up later on.> > Been at this for about 6 months on several instruments of all sorts. > Hardly a conclusive study or anything... but worth mentioning.> > Cheers> RicB>