[CAUT] Water Damage

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 19:13:22 MST 2009

David

It depends on the insurance policy the customer has. There are "replacement value" riders on most policies, which literally means the insurance company is required to provide a like item of equal value if the item is considered "irreparable", or if the cost of repairing exceeds the cost of replacing.

When a piano is totaled, and the insurance company pays for a new piano, they then own the piano. They don't want it, so they will try to sell it for the best price they can get. If you're interested in buying that piano, call the insurance company,and see what they want.

Wim