[CAUT] Water Damage

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue Dec 1 14:07:58 MST 2009

I've recently evaluated a grand that had water up to the top of the
rim, and was rebuilt by the insurance company.  Things they didn't get
were keysticks warped (twisted around the long axis), a few wooden
letoff buttons that split, rusty tuning pins and coils (they replaced
only the bass strings, apparently), and so forth.

Usually cars are totalled when the repairs are %75 of the replacement
cost.  I'd sure hate to worry about what might show up after a few
years of heating/cooling cycles.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM