[CAUT] CAUT appropriate; was: How do you spell fraud?

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 28 14:45:24 PDT 2009

Hi David,
Got to thinking about this during the day. Trying to make sure everyone understands I had no intention of offending anyone subscribed to pianotech.  If you reread my first post, what I was trying to actually communicate was that the great majority of the material we post on CAUT actually is "technically" more appropriate on pianotech. I absolutely intended no malice towards the pianotech list.  If we actually posted material which was specifically CAUT related on this list, there would be very little here, and tons more bandwidth on pianotech.

My thinking is that we basically have evolved into two different lists with different "personalities", both of which are appropriate to post most anything piano related. And to bring this discussion back around and make it CAUT related, it occurs to me that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to watch Craig's List for good used instruments a university might consider worthy of purchase -- that being one responsibility that falls under the CAUT umbrella.

Jeff