[CAUT] How do you spell fraud?

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 05:58:43 PDT 2009

All,

I feel I need to step in here and address the assertion that the Craigslist
 ad is representing an item that is claimed to be, but is not a Steinway;
or the serial number has been changed.

I strongly encourage restraint in making these assertions.  I  don't claim
any special expertise in the area of authenticating Steinway  uprights, but
I studied and presented on the subject of Steinway  uprights more than a
decade ago, and have developed a small photographic  database of these
instruments.

I see no evidence of fraud, nor has anyone shown any clear  evidence of
fraud.  I see only a typical "cut-down" or cabinet-modified  Steinway upright
in the photograph linked.

Bill Shull, RPT, M.Mus.

In a message dated 4/25/2009 10:52:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,