[CAUT] Epoxy the bridge cap

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 22 16:22:14 PDT 2009

Alan McCoy wrote:
> So are you saying that you'll sacrifice function for what ... vanity??! :)
> For me, I'll go with the naked good looks of rock maple.
>
> Alan

The reason I arrived at the way I do it now is that it's
possible, and doesn't take a month. Blacking tops, lubricating
tops, epoxying or CAing pins in, keeping lacquer off the pins,
etc, meant that I had to abandon something I thought
beneficial to performance to make it look like everyone
thought it should. Now I epoxy pins in the natural colored
cap, dry brush the slop down into the notches to get it out of
the way, and spray a coat of semi gloss lacquer over the whole
mess to even out the sheen. Works for me.
Ron N