[CAUT] haprsichord information

Dr. Henry Nicolaides drsnic4 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:42:41 PDT 2009

Hi list,

We have a circa 1970 Rutkowski & Robinette.  Does anyone know if they are still building and/or any contact information.  It has some loose tuning pins that do not appear to be in a wood pin block of any sort.  More like some sort of composite material.  Some look like tuning pin bushings that are on top of the block surface.  They have a tendency to crack when driving the pin in further.  A few strings need replacing now and I would suspect restrings would be nice if bringing this once fine instrument back to performance level.  We have a new faculty that wants to use it with historical temperaments in performance and also some recording.

Thanks,

Henry Nicolaides, Piano Technician
SIU School of Music
1000 S. Normal Avenue