[CAUT] loss of a day's work

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 07:28:35 PDT 2009

Since she hired someone else to do the job already it sounds like he's
already lost the school.  What's to be gained from just sitting back and
doing nothing?  Hoping that they will see the error of their ways and call
you back?  I doubt it.   In this case, since they went out and hired someone
else after making the appointment with him I would be tempted to bill them
for the entire day.  If you don't act like your time is important people
won't treat you as if it is.  Let the school get the bill and make the phone
call to see what can be done about it.  Some people are oblivious to the
value of others' time.  We aren't servants.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com