[CAUT] Which side to yank the butterfly spring?

Becker, Lawrence (beckerlr) BECKERLR at ucmail.uc.edu
Fri Oct 3 08:51:13 MDT 2008

We have a Baldwin F that has wippen assist springs as part of a Stanwood action balancing.  On occasion, some of these springs tick or creak when their note is played.  Protek MPL 'grease' will make the sound go away, though I'm not sure it's permanent.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati