[CAUT] composite parts

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Fri Oct 3 18:41:48 MDT 2008

I just put a set of their whips on a teflon era B. I determined that
this piano needed the capstans moved, and the composite whips have use
nine different profiles in fourteen different positions that allow for
136 possible locations of the whippen cushions. Combined with their
anodized aluminum capstans I was able to go from 6 leads to 3 in the
bass keys. There were a couple of small issues with the parts but they
seemed quite eager to hear about and address them. I'm pretty happy with
the results and will probably use them again in the future. I'm not yet
ready to take the plunge with the CF shanks, though.

- Mark Dierauf