[CAUT] Piano and concert policies

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Oct 3 07:04:49 MDT 2008

Hi Kent,

I only have our "prepared piano policies" on my computer.  I did check out
the whole picture just posted from Ron in Minnisota and it looks pretty
good.  Here is our policy on "prepared" pianos which I drew up after
several mishaps last year with our Steinway D.  Our hall has three pianos;
the D, and Baldwin D and a Yamaha C-3.

Good luck with the new dean.  Train him right!! ;>)

Paul

"Kent Swafford" <kswafford at gmail.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
10/02/2008 06:43 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

"College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Piano and concert policies

We have a new Conservatory dean, who may just be the one to impose some
sorely-needed backstage discipline here. (Anyone remember pictures in the
Journal of the D fallen into our pit?)

We are looking to formulate both concert production policies and piano use
policies.

Does anyone have policies of which you are particularly proud that you
could share and from which we might "shamelessly steal" (Dean's words)?

Thanks,

Kent