[CAUT] Steinway... The "Safe" Piano.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Nov 29 16:18:27 PST 2008

Personally... I don't see any conflict between the quote you choose to
comment on... and your comment.  Unless of course the addition to the
incomplete knowledge of the administrators and teachers you refer to
below is not simply balanced and objective weighing of known pros and
cons for their edification but reflection of your own agenda, tastes,
preferences... what have you.  Course now if they ask out and out for
your opinion....  complete with any and all biases... then thats another
matter. If they are asking for straight and balance facts however, then
it be wisest IME to give that and nothing else.

Cheers
RicB

        RicB wrote....

        --- big snip ---

        While I am personally a fan of diversity.... I am completely
        against forwarding my own personal agenda.... or anyones. In the
        end, its the administration and teachers who have to decide what
        is all in all best for the school, and there is a lot more
        involved then just whether a piano is usable or not.... tho to
        be sure that has to be a part of any bottom line.

        Cheers
        RicB

    And if these administrators and teachers seek more information from
    me they will expect me to be forthcoming.  They ask to add to their
    incomplete knowledge just as I do about buying a house, a car, or a
    stock where I think my knowledge incomplete.  If a builder or a
    mechanic or a stock analyst is not willing to share what they know
    I'd feel a little short changed - particularly if I were paying
    their salary.

    dp

    David M. Porritt, RPT
    dporritt at smu.edu