[CAUT] new steinways

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 29 09:26:57 PST 2008

Hi John,
You said "voicing", but I'd make sure to include the prospect of tone
building and not just needling.  As has been mentioned, Steinway hammers
come a bit unfinished so that the dealer's technician can taylor the tone to
the application.  Your hammers will last you a lot longer if you start out
with them more heavily lacquered than they typically come from the factory
rather than waiting for them to play in.  And your pianists will probably
thank you because they won't have to work so hard.
Tanner