[CAUT] left to right or R to L?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:13:41 PST 2008

Thank you, Fred.

Your wisdom makes perfect sense to me.  Do all your walking around etc
while you're fresh, easier wires to work with at the end when you're tired
of stringing ;>)

Paul

Fred Sturm <fssturm at unm.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
11/07/2008 01:09 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] left to right or R to L?

On Nov 7, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:

Dear List,

I've always restrung grand starting at note 88, but am considering
starting at the bottom of the plain wire and work up to give me better
control at getting better coils.  Are there opinions either way from
y'all?

Thanks

Paul
Yep, tenor to treble is my preference. Somewhat better access to coils,
and I like the fact that things speed up as you move along (thinner wire,
easier to handle, no more walking around a large instrument to get to the
hitchpins, no more fishing wire around struts, no more agraffes).

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu