[CAUT] left to right or R to L?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:08:14 PST 2008

On Nov 7, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I've always restrung grand starting at note 88, but am considering
> starting at the bottom of the plain wire and work up to give me
> better control at getting better coils.  Are there opinions either
> way from y'all?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
Yep, tenor to treble is my preference. Somewhat better access to
coils, and I like the fact that things speed up as you move along
(thinner wire, easier to handle, no more walking around a large
instrument to get to the hitchpins, no more fishing wire around
struts, no more agraffes).

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico